Friday, June 24, 2011

Disco Friday

Ha, fooled you. It's not Disco as in late '70s music and ducks, but Disco as in Disco-very. Get it? I know, whatever.

Anyway, here are a few things I've discovered in my virtual travels that you might find interesting:
  • Book Trailers for Promotion - Yay or Nay? - This is a nice little overview of the Book Trailer Phenomenon. Okay, cool. But you really have to look at the hilarious videos at the end of the post. I mean, really. Right now. I know everybody always says everything is hilarious, and everybody always says look right now blah, blah, blah, but in this case it really is really funny. If you've published a book or even considered it, these vids will be especially hilarious. Okay, I'm not going to use the word hilarious any more. Thanks to Lindsay Buroker.
  • How to rise above the self-published slush pile - A great point-by-point guide that any Indie Author would do well to study. Thanks to Frida Fantastic.
  • HitRECord.org - This just might be my favorite place on the internet. Which might seem odd, considering I haven't been there in ages. To tell the truth, it is a bit overwhelming to me, and I could easily spend hours there. You can find me as Jon Mac and check out some of the stuff we've RECorded. Now with work and writing and publishing and whatnot, I don't have the time, but hopefully that will change soon. You are no doubt very busy, too, but you should still try to check it out. If you are a creative type at all, HitRECord will make you feel like a kid in a candy store. It's a treasure trove of artists, writers, videographers, editors, singers, musicians and more. Everybody can use everybody else's stuff and there are always a lot of amazing collaborations going on. If you like to be more of a looker than a doer, then there are plenty of projects/art/music/conversations to see, hear and feel (yes, they even make physical objects as well as media of the electro variety.) You can take part as little or as much as you want. Thanks to Joseph Gordon-Levitt (aka Regular Joe.)
Do you have any cool links you'd like to share?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug on the book trailer post! :)

    I keep thinking that I need to make some more of those videos. They're pretty fun. Too many projects, too little time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great links! That blogger video is just how I feel. Full time job just to blog stuff. Twice a day? I'm lucky to get once a week!

    Thanks, Mythik. I'm adding your blog to my Reader. I like what I see here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Lindsay. I love those videos. I know what you mean about the time thing - I can't wait for your Time Management post! I've been thinking about doing one of those, too. But obviously I should be more successful at it first ;)

    Ha, thanks, David! Lindsay's blog, E-book Endeavors has a lot of great blogging tips!

    ReplyDelete