Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Weird Wednesday - Flying Humanoids Over Mexico

Today's Weird Wednesday is a special guest post from M. Pax, a talented SF&F writer who also enjoys the occasional bit of weirdness. Be sure to check out her always interesting blog posts at Wistful Nebulae and her website, which has tons of cool stuff. Let the weirdness begin, M. Pax:

Reports have been cropping up of terrifying encounters with flying “humanoids” in Mexico. One of the most fascinating reports comes from a police officer in Monterrey. He says he was attacked in January 2004 by a flying entity draped in black.

Here’s an excerpt from the newspaper article entailing the incident:
Appeared in El Norte on Saturday, January 17, 2004

"A municipal police officer testifies that he saw what looked like a 'woman in a black gown' descend from the trees as he was patrolling his beat in a squad car in 'la zona.' The descent was slow he said. As if it was floating."

"She was wearing a black gown (or robes) and had large, completely black eyes with no pupils."

"When this 'witch' started to make a move at me, I immediately contacted my fellow patrolmen by radio and I summoned assistance."

"The situation was intolerable and caused the officer to lose consciousness."

"I saw it walking toward me and I put the patrol car into reverse gear. I saw it start to tumble and fly. It impacted on the windshield of the car. As I continued to look at it, I raised my hands and fainted.”
 Later, it was said the mysterious flying humanoids were men on some type of jet pak contraption. Personally, I like the idea of flying aliens better. Real or not, it’s fodder for the imagination.

What about you? Skeptic? Believer? Hey-it’s-great-funner?





M. Pax has recently released a Space Opera novellette called Semper Audacia, which I enjoyed a lot.

Semper Audacia
You can find it at: SmashwordsAmazonB&N, and iTunes

Description: Alone. Leda is the last living member of the brigade, the sole defender of her world. War took everyone she knew, leaving her in the company of memories and ghosts. Or is it madness?
The siren blares. The enemy is coming. Or is it? The approaching vessel isn't a friendly design, but it answers with the correct code. Leda must figure out whether the arrival is reinforcements or the final assault. In an aging flyer, she ventures out to meet her world's fate, the last stand.

Details: 99 cents. Space Opera. Novelette. 13,200 words.

About M. Pax: Inspiring the words I write, I spend my summers as a star guide at Pine Mountain Observatory in stunning Central Oregon where I live with the husband unit and two loving cats. I write speculative fiction mostly and have a slight obsession with giant, man-eating reptiles and Jane Austen. I know, they don’t really go together, but it’d be interesting to insert Godzilla in the middle of Pride & Prejudice.

For more info, you can go to her blog and website:

Thanks for stopping by, M. Pax!

16 comments:

  1. M, how the heck would you pull Godzilla off in the middle of P&P?? I would read that coming from you!!

    As for believer, skeptic, great-funner?

    Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me, Jon.

    I'm not sure yet, Suze. I think Godzilla should make an appearance at one of the balls though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting video... almost looks like someone walking on snow.. hehe

    Great to follow M Pax here:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you here, M. Pax! By funny coincidence I just watched the original version of Godzilla. It's so sad at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird is fun, Romance.

    It is interesting, Tania. I thought so when I first saw it.

    I love Godzilla. Although, I like Gamera better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which is a great combo, Michael. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the birth of superheroes discovering their new powers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I seem to remember something about flying cows when I was stationed in Arizona. Maybe they're related? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super hero alien cows. Fantastic, Lynda and Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love weird stories like this! I don't know if I'm a believer, but I'm definitely a hey-it's-all-funner! :D I just find this kind of thing fascinating.

    Great post, Mary, and thanks for sharing, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I can't wait for the flying super hero alien cow sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea of flying super hero alien cows; but please, not another cartoon . .

    Hey; I'm a believer anything could happen. Not likely, but gotta keep that smidge of mystery :)

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a it's all funner, too, Julie.

    Me neither, Jon. Sounds like something I need to add into a story somewhere.

    I love the mystery, too, Donna.

    I wonder how well they can train a cow ... the gansta cows seem pretty ornery

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a feeling those cows have a bad attitude...

    ReplyDelete